Resources & Services
PEEHIP and its partners also offer many programs that can help you be healthier, baby yourself, lose weight, and help quit smoking.
- myBlueCross offers access to health resources, services, and other information.
- Baby Yourself is a maternity program administered by BCBS of Alabama that helps ensure expectant mothers and their babies receive the best possible healthcare during pregnancy.
- Chews Wisely Alabama helps us make smart choices that celebrate our thriving food culture.
- A tobacco cessation program, offered by the ADPH, administers live and online counseling for anyone who is ready to quit tobacco or e-cigarette use.
- Scale Back Alabama is a statewide contest held the first of each year to encourage Alabamians to get healthier by losing weight and exercising.
Health Coaching provided includes content and education aimed to help create healthier lifestyles, prevent disease, or help manage existing conditions. There is no cost to sign up for the programs below for members enrolled in the PEEHIP Hospital Medical Group #14000 Plan.
- BCBS Disease Management conditions include diabetes, asthma, COPD, coronary artery disease, and congestive heart failure.
- Wondr Health Learn simple, repeatable skills to help you lose weight and keep it off without giving up the foods you love.
- Pack Health is a digital health coaching company that provides personalized health coaching via phone, text, and email — on your schedule.
What are Gaps in Care?
BCBS continuously analyzes healthcare information to look for opportunities to recommend certain tests, medications, or treatments based upon the established best practice medical guidelines. These are called Gaps in Care.
To assist members on their journey to better health, BCBS will notify them of any gaps in care identified for their unique circumstance. The messages may include recommendations to discuss with their healthcare provider or may just be a reminder to schedule annual wellness care such as an eye exam for diabetics.
Members are not required to close any gaps in coverage to earn the wellness premium waiver.
What is the Non-Tobacco user discount?
All PEEHIP members and covered spouses enrolled in the PEEHIP Hospital Medical Group #14000 Plan or VIVA Health Plan are each charged a $50 per month tobacco premium.
Members who do not use tobacco or electronic smoking devices can have the tobacco premium waived by certifying under penalty of perjury that they and/or their covered spouse have not used tobacco products or electronic smoking devices within the last 12 consecutive months.
Certification can be done online through MOS or by submitting a completed New Enrollment and Status Change form.