Judicial Retirement Fund
The Judicial Retirement Fund (JRF) was established under the provisions of Act 1163 of the Legislature of 1973 to provide benefits to qualified judges and justices. The ERS Board of Control administers and manages the JRF. The JRF is a defined benefit plan qualified under Section 401(a) of the Internal Revenue Code. Act No. 2015-498 added new plans covering Justices, Judges, Circuit Clerks, and District Attorneys taking office on or after November 8, 2016.
Benefits While Working
- My JRF Membership: prior to 11/08/2016, and on or after 11/08/2016
- Register for Member Online Services to view your JRF account statement, view and/or change your beneficiary, view your RSA-1 statement, and change your address.
- What Types of Creditable Service do I have as a member of the JRF? prior to 11/08/2016, and on or after 11/08/2016
- Are my Contributions Tax-Sheltered (only members prior to 11/08/2016)?
- What if I Terminate my Service before retirement eligibility? How are my Contributions Refunded? prior to 11/08/2016, and on or after 11/08/2016
- Where do I file my Application for Retirement Benefits? prior to 11/08/2016, and on or after 11/08/2016
- Am I subject to Recall of Service (only members prior to 11/08/2016)?