Board of Control
The Teachers' Retirement System and Public Education Employees' Health Insurance Plan Boards of Control are composed of 15 members who are elected or hold office ex officio. The members of the boards are the trustees of the retirement funds and are responsible for the management and administration of the retirement system.
TRS Board Runoff Election Results
The TRS Election Committee met Tuesday, February 16, to certify the runoff election results. Thomas E. Jones was elected to the Principal Position. His 3-year terms will begin on July 1, 2021. Congratulations! You may view the complete results below.
TRS Runoff Election Results - 2/16/2021
The TRS/PEEHIP Boards of Control typically meet quarterly each year. For dates and times of future public meetings, visit the Alabama Open Meetings Act site.
The transcripts below are draft transcripts of the PEEHIP/TRS meetings. These transcripts are subject to review and revision by the TRS/PEEHIP Board and have not yet been approved by the Board. These draft transcripts shall serve as the Summary of the Meeting as required by the Governor’s March 18, 2020 Proclamation relating to the Open Meetings Act.
PEEHIP/TRS BOARD MEETINGS FOR 12/8/2020
- Draft meeting transcript for the PEEHIP Board Meeting for December 8
- Draft meeting transcript for the TRS Board Meeting for December 8
- Facebook Live recording for PEEHIP/TRS Board Meeting for December 8
PEEHIP/TRS BOARD MEETINGS FOR 9/15/2020
- Draft meeting transcript for the PEEHIP Board Meeting for September 15
- Draft meeting transcript for the TRS Board Meeting for September 15
- Facebook Live recording for PEEHIP/TRS Board Meeting for September 15