PEEHIP’s annual Open Enrollment period begins July 1, and ends midnight on September 10 (for changes submitted online). This is the once-per-year opportunity for PEEHIP members to enroll in or change coverage, as well as add or drop eligible dependents from coverage. Outside of Open Enrollment, changes are only permissible due to a qualifying life event.
Important Open Enrollment Dates
Open Enrollment begins July 1, 2019, and will end by the following deadlines:
- Online: September 10, 2019. Open Enrollment ends midnight September 10, 2019. After this time, online Open Enrollment changes will not be accepted and the Open Enrollment link will be closed. Online enrollment is the preferred option because it is the easiest and most efficient method to enroll in or make changes to your coverage. No other enrollment method provides a confirmation page in real time giving you instant assurance PEEHIP has received your enrollment request.
- Paper: August 31, 2019. Open Enrollment ends August 31, 2019. Any paper forms postmarked after that date will not be accepted, without exception.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: September 30, 2019. Both paper and online Open Enrollment for flex plans end September 30, 2019.
Enroll now using Member Online Services
Effective Date of Coverage:
All Open Enrollment coverage elections approved by PEEHIP will become effective October 1, 2019.
Member Handbook with Open Enrollment Information - effective October 1, 2019
Helpful Information about Open Enrollment
- You do not need to do anything during Open Enrollment if you are satisfied with your current coverage*. If you take no action, you and your covered dependents will remain on your current plan(s).
- *Exception: If you want to renew your Flexible Spending Accounts or Premium Assistance (PAA) Discount, you must re-enroll each year as these programs do not automatically renew. For more information about the Premium Assistance Discount, visit our Premium Assistance page.