PEEHIP is working with ActiveHealth and the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) to provide members with the Team Up for Health wellness program. This confidential and secure health and wellness benefit provides free services for members and their covered spouses to help them live happier, healthier, and more satisfying lives.
Healthier members typically get sick less often and visit the doctor less frequently. This leads to lower healthcare costs for our members and the plan while providing an invaluable benefit to members.
- Notice Regarding Wellness Program
For more detailed information, please see the most current member handbook on our Publications page.
What is the Wellness Premium Waiver?
A Wellness Premium Waiver of $50 a month can be earned by eligible PEEHIP members by completing certain required wellness activities by August 31 of each year.
Who is required to participate in the wellness program?
The following members enrolled in the PEEHIP Hospital Medical Plan Group #14000 administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield are required to complete the applicable wellness activities by August 31 of each year in order to earn a waiver of the $50 monthly wellness premium:
- Members currently employed by a PEEHIP participating system and their covered spouse, regardless of Medicare eligibility
- A retired employee who is not Medicare-eligible
- A non-Medicare-eligible spouse covered on a retiree contract
- Members on COBRA, Leave of Absence, and surviving spouses who are non-Medicare-eligible
Who is NOT required to participate in the wellness program?
The following members are NOT required to participate:
- Any member who is not covered by the PEEHIP Blue Cross Blue Shield Group 14000 Plan
- Medicare-eligible retirees and Medicare-eligible covered spouses of retirees
What are the required wellness activities?
If you are required to participate, you must complete a wellness screening, which is the minimum wellness activity required, by August 31 each year.
Participation in one of the following Health Coaching activities is required only if you and/or your covered spouse is identified as a candidate for these programs and receive an invitation letter from ActiveHealth:
- Wellness Coaching (available online, telephonic, or onsite)
- Condition Management Coaching (available online, telephonic, or onsite)
- Enhanced Condition Management Coaching (requires 4 health coaching phone calls with an ActiveHealth nurse)
Visit www.MyActiveHealth.com/PEEHIP and click the “My Required Activities” link to see your specific required activities.
How do I track the completion status of my required wellness activities?
Your Progress Wheel is available on your My Required Activities web page and shows the percentage of completion of all your required activities. Once you have completed all required wellness activities, your Progress Wheel will show 100% complete. All of your required activities are shown on your action cards on this web page. If you would like additional confirmation of your wellness premium waiver status, you can view your status on the PEEHIP Member Online Services web page.
What services are offered as part of the wellness program?
PEEHIP's Team Up for Health wellness program offers the following free services for its members and covered spouses:
- Wellness Screenings by ADPH nurses
- Heatlhcare Provider Screenings by your primary care physician
- Wellness Coaching through ActiveHealth
- Condition Management through ActiveHealth; through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama for children and adult child dependents
- 24-Hour Nurse Line at 855.294.6580
- Care Considerations and Health Actions to be discussed with your healthcare provider
- MyActiveHealth Website at www.myactivehealth.com/peehip for tools designed to help members reach their health goals. These include a Personal Health Record, Online Health Coaching, videos, quizzes, and other interactive tools