The primary source of funding for PEEHIP comes from the Legislature’s annual appropriation. For fiscal year 2017, PEEHIP's funding employer contribution is $800 per active employee.
The health insurance premiums set by the PEEHIP Board are another source of funding for the insurance program. The following monthly premiums are effective October 1, 2018 - September 30, 2019. These rates do not include the $50 monthly tobacco premium per member and/or spouse.
Premium Rates 2018-2019
- Full-Time Active Members
- Retired Members who retired prior to 10/1/2005
- Optional Coverage Plans for Active and Retired Members
- Surviving Dependents
- COBRA and Leave of Absence
- Pro Rata Premiums
- PEEHIP Funding Three Year Projections
- Southern States Premiums Comparison
- PEEHIP Retiree Premium Calculator through Member Online Services (MOS)
- PEEHIP Retiree Premium Calculator for non-MOS users