- Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH)
- PEEHIP Worksite Locations: ADPH nurses will come on-site to a PEEHIP-participating workplace and offer free flu shots over the course of the year to PEEHIP members and dependents age 18 or older, as well as PEEHIP members’ school-aged children. Please bring your insurance card to obtain your free flu shot.
- Local County Health Departments: ADPH nurses offer free flu shots given at local county health departments with an appointment. This option is available to PEEHIP members and dependents age 18 or older, as well as PEEHIP members’ school-aged children. Please bring your insurance card to obtain your free flu shot.
- Information about the dates and locations of the Flu Shot Clinics can be obtained from the ADPH’s Web site at www.adph.org/worksitewellness/.
- Doctor's Offices
- Flu shots given at a doctor’s office without having a doctor’s visit are covered by PEEHIP. There should not be a copayment if the doctor’s office does not file an office visit CPT code.
- Flu shots administered during a doctor’s office visit are covered by PEEHIP under medical routine benefits. The regular $30 non-specialist physician copayment is applicable if the doctor’s office files an office visit CPT code; for example, you were treated by the physician during an office visit.
- Flu shots obtained at participating retail pharmacies are covered for PEEHIP eligible members and dependents enrolled in PEEHIP's Hospital Medical group #14000 Plan.
- PEEHIP does not allow a participating pharmacy to administer the flu vaccine at a PEEHIP worksite location. ADPH is currently the only PEEHIP-approved vendor to come on-site to a PEEHIP participating workplace and offer flu shots.
- Retirees who are Medicare-eligible members and their covered Medicare-eligible dependents must have their flu shot filed under Medicare Part B.
- Medicare Part B covers 100% of the cost of a flu shot once every flu season with no Part B deductible or copayment required.
- Present your UnitedHealthcare ID card to the provider.