Summer Internship Program
For many years the RSA has promoted our Summer Internship Program to employ high school students and college students while at the same time having lower-level but critical tasks performed at a savings to the RSA.
Summer Interns must be in high school or have graduated high school and be enrolled in college or trade school. Interns must also be under age 25. These positions are considered full-time, temporary summer positions and are not part-time positions. Most Summer Interns work from early June to mid-August each summer. However, Summer Interns placed in temporary positions may work up to 104 business days if there is a business need to do so.
The RSA has two temporary positions for the Summer Internship Program:
If you are interested in applying for the summer internship program, click here to download the State Personnel Job Application. At the top of the application on the “Job Title of Examination” line, the applicant must type “2023 RSA Summer Internship Program”. The application should be returned to RSA Human Resources and not be sent to State Personnel. The completed, signed, and dated application may be scanned and emailed to RSA.HumanResourcesMail@rsa-al.gov or mailed/hand-delivered to RSA Human Resources at 201 South Union Street, Montgomery, AL 36104. We will only have a limited number of available internship positions that we can fill. Not every Summer Intern applicant will receive an internship. We will need to receive your completed application and a resume during February 2023.
- Scanning, emailing, typing, filing, and copying non-critical documents
- Prepare member information packets
- Update information on tenants in all the RSA facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Duties related to the intern’s field of study, if possible
Clerical Aides are required to dress in professional business clothing. Male Clerical Aides must wear a shirt and tie.
- Scrub and wash down each of our seven parking decks
- Wipe down sprinkler piping in each parking deck
- Prune trees and shrubs and other landscape tasks at our fourteen properties
- Dust and mop electrical/mechanical in our buildings and decks
- Prepare/paint curbs