The primary source of funding for PEEHIP comes from the Legislature’s annual appropriation. For fiscal year 2016, PEEHIP's funding employer contribution increased from $780 to $800 per active employee resulting in an additional $77 million in revenue to help fund the $220 million shortfall in the health insurance program. The increase in funding helped prevent out-of-pocket increases for PEEHIP's active and retired members. This amount must provide insurance coverage to roughly 300,000 active and retired members and their covered dependents.
The health insurance premiums set by the PEEHIP Board are another source of funding for the insurance program. The following monthly premiums are effective October 1, 2016 - September 30, 2017. These rates do not include the $50 monthly tobacco premium per member and/or spouse.
Premium Rates 2016-2017
- Full-Time Active Members
- Retired Members who retired prior to 10/1/2005
- Optional Coverage Plans for Active and Retired Members
- Surviving Dependents
- COBRA and Leave of Absence
- Pro Rata Premiums
- PEEHIP Retiree Premium Calculator through Member Online Services (MOS)
- PEEHIP Retiree Premium Calculator for non-MOS users