Open Enrollment Period begins July 1, 2014
- Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to review your benefits and make changes to your insurance plan including enroll, change or terminate your coverage. During this period, you should consider your options regarding available health plans, and review your current PEEHIP coverages to choose the plan that is right for you.
- You can make your open enrollment changes online! Log onto PEEHIP’s Member Online Services for the most simple and convenient way to enroll and make changes to your benefits. It’s easy!
- The PEEHIP Member Handbook contains all the information you need to understand the Open Enrollment process. The information available in the handbook is effective October 1, 2014.
- Members who are applying for the Federal Poverty Level premium reduction will be required to complete the FPL Application as these changes are not available through Member Online Services.
- PEEHIP Statements are mailed mid-June to active and retired members indicating the type of PEEHIP coverage(s) they are currently enrolled in, and informing them about the Open Enrollment period.
- If you have no changes and wish to continue your current coverage, members do not need to complete new forms. You will automatically remain in your present insurance coverage. There is one exception for Flexible Spending Accounts or Federal Poverty Level Premium discounts as members must re-enroll each year to renew.
- PEEHIP has combined the Open Enrollment Packet into the PEEHIP Member Handbook this year.
- PEEHIP will launch it' snew and improved "Team Up for Health" Wellness Program on August 1, 2014.
- See the June 2014 PEEHIP Advisor for other changes approved by the Board at the April 2014 meeting effective for October 1, 2014, and the July PEEHIP Advisor for information on Open Enrollment.
Open Enrollment begins July 1, 2014, and will end by the following deadlines:
- The deadline for submitting online Open Enrollment changes is midnight of September 10, 2014. After September 10, online Open Enrollment changes will not be accepted.
- The deadline for submitting paper Open Enrollment forms is August 30, 2014, because August 31, 2014, is a Sunday. All paper forms must have a postmark no later than August 30. Any paper forms postmarked after August 30 will not be accepted.
- The deadline for enrollment or re-enrolling in a Flexible Spending Account online or on paper is September 30, 2014.
- Effective Date of Coverage: All open enrollment elections approved by PEEHIP will have an effective date of October 1, 2014.