Members will find helpful information regarding benefits and policies of health care coverages in the PEEHIP Member Handbook.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
Benefits While Working
- Who is eligible to enroll in PEEHIP coverages?
- How do I enroll or make changes in coverages?
- When can I enroll or make changes in coverages? This section of the handbook discusses the Open Enrollment period. New hires should visit the New Members page.
- Find out more about PEEHIP's Acceptable Methods of Payment of insurance premiums.
- Learn about the coverage options for the BCBS Hospital Medical Plan, VIVA Health Plan, Optional Coverage Plans, and the Supplemental Medical Plan.
- Premium Assistance Application (PAA) provides premium assistance to those who qualify.
- Comparison of Benefits is a quick way to compare BCBS and VIVA Health Plan benefits.
- Learn more about Employer Contributions and your insurance eligibility.
- Surviving Dependent Benefits helps surviving dependents with their coverages.
- Visit Open Enrollment to learn about how to enroll, make changes, or terminate coverages during the annual Open Enrollment period of July 1 - September 10.
- New Employees must enroll online through Member Online Services.
- For information about your pharmacy benefit plan administered by MedImpact, visit Pharmacy Benefits.
- Visit Premiums to learn what the cost of your current premiums are and would be in retirement. Also visit Calculator to calculate your retiree premiums.
- Flexible Spending Accounts offer PEEHIP active members a tax break on their out-of-pocket costs.
- With the help of the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), PEEHIP offers such health programs as Wellness and tobacco cessation.
- Information on retiring with PEEHIP coverages is in your PEEHIP Member Handbook, but be sure and visit TRS for more information on retirement planning and education.