Employees' Retirement System
The resources and information provided here are tailored for employers of participating agencies to ensure accurate and timely retirement reporting. We encourage you to share this information with your staff who enroll employees into the ERS or who convey benefit information to staff.
Retirement Employer Cost Rates effective October 1, 2016 (State Only)
- Regular Employees Tier 1 (7.5% & 8.5% member) 13.89%
- Regular Employees Tier 2 (6.0% & 7.0% member) 13.25%
- State Police Tier 1 (10% member) 57.25%
- State Police Tier 2 (10% member) 53.55%
ERS Participation Information
Return to Work (Postretirement)
- ERS Participating employers' Reporting Requirements Memo
- Request for Information form ERS participating employers Memo
- Attorney General's Opinion 2013-044
- IRS 20-factor Test
- Postretirement Employment Options
- Postretirement Employment Law for Agencies
- Employing Agency Initial Notice and Annual Certification
- Retiree Notice of Postretirement Employment
- Reporting Names to RSA
- 2015 Lump Sum Model Resolution
- Limitation on Annual Earnable Compensation
- Conversion of Unused Sick Leave to Service Credit
- Retirement Contributions on Overtime Pay
- ACT 2011-676 Model Resolution
ERS Educational Opportunities
- If you like to arrange for a presentation on ERS benefits and RSA-1 to your employees, contact Field Services.
- Steps Toward Retirement Brochure Coming Soon!
- ERS Retirement Video Coming Soon!